History

  • 1898 Meusel & Gerling, the root of Ernst Westphal is founded in Hamburg
  • 1904 Walter König acquires Meusel & Gerling, Relocation to Neuer Wall 59 in Hamburg
  • 1938 Meusel & Gerling is taken over by Ernst Westphal
  • 1939 Meusel & Gerling is renamed to Ernst Westphal and becomes the biggest material house in Northern Germany
  • 1942 A severe bomb impact destroys most of the precious stock
  • 1944 Another bomb attack applies heavy damages, Reopening at the end of war at Neuer Wall 57
  • 1954 Claus Westphal starts his career in the family business
  • 1955 The company with more than twenty employees moves into more approbiate office space for its fast growing business
  • 1965 Claus Westphal becomes President of the company
  • 1975 Relocation to Altstädter Twiete
  • 2001 Jürgen Marquadt acquires the traditional company
  • 2006 Moving to the present adress at Nagelsweg 28, Thomas Krim enters as co-owner
  • 2008 One-hundred-ten years of Ernst Westphal, Thomas Krim becomes sole owner of the company and leads it into future..